About the Position
West River United Church located in Cornwall Prince Edward Island is seeking a Caretaker for a two-year term position working part-time hours to a maximum of 13.5 hours per week. Reporting to the Ministry & Personnel Committee, the Caretaker is responsible for the overall cleaning, maintenance and security of the West River United Church building and property.
• Sweep, wet mop and scrub hard surface floors and stairways
• Dust and wash various surfaces including walls, woodwork, windows, shelves, and cupboards
• Clean and disinfect washroom areas and fixtures
• Replenish supplies including paper towels, toilet paper and liquid soap in washrooms
• Empty compost, waste and recyclable containers and set out bins for pickup
• Contact tradespersons for major repairs
• Clean snow and ice from steps/walkways and spread salt
• General grounds maintenance such as raking leaves and keeping the Church property neat and tidy
• Other related duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED
• Working knowledge of different cleaning products and tools
• Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Physical requirements: standing/walking for extended periods of time; repetitive movements; lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds
How to Apply
Individuals interested in applying to this position should submit a resume and covering letter detailing their interest, experience and qualifications to Liz Farrar at email@example.com by Friday, August 21st, 2020.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.